Rose Studies

October 29, 2009 to November 10, 2009 - 24" x 24" acrylic on stretched canvas


I have struggled with flowers and want to get better. I've scoured the web for photos of roses and rose buds. Instead of painting some smaller studies, I chose to do this exercise on a 24" by 24" canvas, divided into sixteen six-inch squares.

The backgrounds are divided evenly between blues, greens, golds and reds (if you'll buy the purple on the bottom row is a "red").

I did quick, impresionistic style flowers (third row far right), modern style (orange bud on the bottom row, third from the left), detailed images (top and bottom row, far right, Blue Girl Rose and Peace Rose) and everything else I could imagine.

I think I may be ready to take on a bouquet now. We'll see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog with nice pictures of painting of flowers, I am impressed by your creativity. It was worth of time going through the examples of art. Iflorist.co.uk